JOB VACANCY AT OPEC: OIL AND GAS JOBS
Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) is an intergovernmental Organization whose objective is to co-ordinate and unify petroleum policies among Member Countries, in order to secure fair and stable prices for petroleum producers; an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consuming nations; and a fair return on capital to those investing in the industry.
The Organisation is recruiting to fill the following vacant position:
Head, Data Services Department: Main responsibilities
1. Ensures full response to requests by the Conference, BOG, ECB and standing committees for data and information relevant to the work of the Department.
2. Arranges presentations at relevant OPEC meetings and international forums representing the Secretariat as required.
3. Develops and maintains networks with external experts and institutions in fields relating to the work of the Department.
4. Keeps the Director of Research Division fully informed on all aspects of the work of the Department, and draws his/her attention to important analyses performed by it.
5. Evaluates the performance of the staff of the Department, and recommends to the Director of Research Division, staff development, salary increase, promotion and separations as appropriate.
6. Ensures that the staff of the Department receives the supervision and guidance necessary to broaden and deepen their skills and continuously improve their performance.
- HND/BSc in fields related to Statistics, Computer Applications, or Informatics.
- PhD in the related field is an advantage
Economic Analyst: Main Responsibilities
- Prepares and comments on an economic outlook for developing countries, including OPEC Member Countries, for the Monthly Oil Market Report and other reports. Prepares and presents associated materials to meetings of the ECB.
- Contributes to economic studies in support of PSD analyses of oil demand in developing countries; monitors and assesses the impact of oil price, subsidies and taxation policies on the demand for oil.
- Builds up and pursues collaborative networks with Member Countries’ and other countries’ academic and business institutions to enhance pertinent data gathering and analysis.
- Participates in relevant task forces, external meetings and conferences in particular on subjects relating to analysis on and cooperation with oil consuming developing countries.
- University Degree in Economics
- Advanced degree is an advantage
Application Link: https://www.opec.org/opec_web/en/employment/56.htm