The U.S. Mission in Nigeria provides equal opportunity and fair treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The U.S. Consulate General is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidates for the following job position :
Job Title: Trades Helper
Series/Grade: LE – 1210 3
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Promotion Potential: LE-3
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
- The incumbent reports directly to the Air conditioning Maintenance Foreman.
- He/She assists the technicians of the skilled trades in the performance of routine and preventive maintenance, new installations and demolition work.
- The Air conditioning Maintenance Foreman will assign the incumbent to any of the skilled trade shops on a daily basis to assist the skilled technicians with maintenance and repair work throughout the New Embassy Compound/New Consulate Compound (NEC/NCC) office buildings, grounds and residential owned/leased properties.
- In addition to assisting the skilled trade technicians, s/he may be assigned tasks including material handling, painting, custodial type work, common laborer work, and grounds maintenance and gardening work.
- Job Knowledge: Must have a basic technical understanding of major building mechanical systems and equipment. Must be familiar with construction techniques and workplace safety, personal protective equipment (PPE) – how and when to use it.
- Experience: A minimum of two (2) years of maintenance or construction semi-skilled work experience in skilled trades such as masonry, mechanical (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) and Plumbing), electrical or carpentry, with significant focus on building systems.
- Education Requirements: Completion of Secondary School or received High School Diploma
How to apply
E-mail applications for advertised jobs is no longer acceptable. All applicants must apply for current vacancies through the Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA).
Deadline: 21 June, 2019.